Monday, January 2, 2012

An Exceptional Gingerbread ROM for the Samsung Captive

I've ran just about every I9000, I897, CM7, MIUI ROM that can be found at the XDA forums for the Captivate. Most are really good, but here is one that has been running excellent on my phone, [ROM]JW1[2.3.6] SAUROM Projekt 'One Rom to Rule Them All'. DAGr8 has put together a stable, fast performing build with this release. It includes tons of  lock screen and toggle options, as well as a great selection of themes.

One thing that makes this ROM great is the Semaphore Kernel included in the package. I run over clocked @1200 and the responsiveness is impressive.

A Heimdall One Click is available for an easy installation as well as the usual CWM flashable zips.

I like having the option to have the weather on the lock screen. It also has the ability to launch custom apps, hence the middle ring.
 This is using the stock theme and ADWLauncher EX. The clock and live wallpaper are both from Beautiful Widgets.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin