Sunday, May 22, 2011

Samsung Captivate - Root and ROM



Well I've done it. I've been thinking it over for months now, and finally worked up the courage. I decided to root and flash a custom ROM. Here are the instructions I used courtesy of Android Central Forums.  It went surprisingly well. I wasn't sure what ROM to use. CM7 is still in the works and I'm not ready for that kind of a challenge, so I went with Serendipity and their Bluedipity theme. I am very pleased. Everything works well and looks great. I'm now able to install the Amazon App Store! Which isn't that big of a deal, since AT&T is said to be pushing an update to unlock their restrictions from installing apps from sources other than the Android Market, sometime this month. But I'm happy none the less. And I can take screen shots, check'em out.

So, who else has taken the plunge? Any suggestions? Now that I'm rooted, what else can I do?
Blog Widget by LinkWithin