Sunday, May 8, 2011

Followers of Thor Offended?



OK, an apology is in order. It seems Hollywood has offended the followers of Thor. Yes, that's right. Thor followers. No, I don't mean teenage boys and comic book reading twenty somethings living in their mom's basement, actual pagan Thor worshipers.

The truth is, I looked at the toys in my hands and I saw the result of millions of dollars of development and thousands of hours of manpower, put into something bearing the name of a god, my god, and it had nothing to do with me. Their Thor was a god forgotten by all except the few quiet geeks who read his adventures in Journey into Mystery and The Mighty Thor for forty years. It wasn’t that they meant to upset or unsettle me; they simply realized that people like me were too few to matter. It’s impossible to think of a story about Jesus like this, not written to pander to or irritate Christians, but simply not considering them at all. 

I find it funny he feels that Christianity isn't picked on because of its popularity. He mustn't watch many movies.

What gets me about all this, is the fact that there really are Thor worshipers. I guess they fall in love with the story; the epic battles, the stunning victories, the awesome power and might of their hero.

Maybe they just need to hear the greatest story of all.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin