Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Like a child

One of several tornadoes observed by the VORTE...Image via Wikipedia
  While we were in the van headed to a Tee ball game, we were closely watching a storm growing and headed towards our home. It really did look like it could produce a tornado at any moment. During all the excitement of watching the storm Stephen, my 5 year old, exclaims, "I prayed God would stop the tornadoes and keep everyone safe!"  As we got to the ball field we could see that the storm was going around us and everything was going to be alright. To this Stephen even more excited than before begins telling us over and over that his prayer worked!
 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” Mark 10:15
   I can't express the joy I receive when I see one of my kids responding like this. He was worried about the tornado, so he prayed. When everything turned out OK, it was because he prayed to God.  How slow I can be to turn to God in prayer. Even worse, when my prayers are answered I often forget to give God the glory.

  To receive the kingdom of God like a child; When a child has a need he runs to his father. When that need is met he rejoices. Simple faith. Beautiful faith. The kind of child-like faith our Father wants from us.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin